Saturday, May 06, 2006

TV Writers: I HATEESSS THEM!

So, I watched quite a few shows this week. Some season finales. AND ALL OF THEM BLEW CHUNKS!

There are spoilers here, so if you Tivo'd something and haven't watched it, don't write me whining about spoiling anything for you. You've been warned. Oh, and Rosebud is the sled.

  • Supernatural - Creamed by a semi. Argh. I can't handle all of that pretty being smashed up like that. There is something very wrong with that. That was an awesome. The boys are nice too, though.

  • Ghost Whisperer- What ticked me off about this one is that I guessed Andrea was dead as soon as she walked into the store in the previous episode after the plane crash. And then they made me decide I was wrong and I relaxed. And then they ripped the rug out again. HATE! It's bad enough they took away Joan of Arcadia to put that show on, and now they have to pull this crap. Grrr. I was a weepy mess during the whole show. I really hate that. I guess it takes decent writing to make you bawl in a good way one second, then piss you off in the next. I'll reserve judgement on that, though. I'm not trusting this whole 'laughing guy in black who is obviously the satan figure'. LGIBWIOTSF? That's a bad acronym. Makes him sound Russian or Slavic some other name that is short on vowels. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Please don't write about how I've offended your sensibilities as a person of ::insert here:: origin. I'm very culturally sensitive. I hablo español and everything. My class hits a piñata, and eats tacos, and the whole nine yards. It's all good. Trust me.

    Wait, what show was I talking about again? Now I want tacos. Dang.

  • LOST: That wasn't even the season finale and it sucked. Death, mayhem, massive suckitude. Poor Hurley. SHE better not be dead. I'm hating Michael. I hate Sawyer. I can't stand Claire because everytime I see her, I think of Tess on Roswell who I hated with the fire of a thousand suns because she stole Max from Liz briefly. HATES. Yes, that will follow her on every show she is on, because I'm petty like that. I hate to see what the CLIFFHANGER will be if a sweeps eppy gave us that. More argh.

  • Charmed - not the finale yet either, but in this case, it will be the show's finale. It can't come soon enough. I think the show's REAL writers are living it up in Tahiti or something and left some high school creative writing class in charge. Except that I think a creative writing class would actually kick these writers' butts, so I'm going to go with 50,000 monkeys typing on typewriters and getting random words. THAT's how much I think this show has fallen. Showing every inch of Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan can only take a show so far, people. There ARE other people than hormonal teenage boys and men watching the show. Or maybe I'm the only one, and didn't get the memo. My bad.

  • NUMB3RS - I actually really liked this show, except the totally cheesy modem negotiation sound when the phishers were wardriving to send out the phishing emails in the beginning. IT'S A WIRELESS CONNECTION, YOU MORONS. There IS no modem. I guess they just thought the little squeee ga dee wshhhhhh sound was just 2 kewl and 3l33t not to use.


    Technorati tags:

No comments: